How would you like to advance your Fire & Security Engineer career with a Market Leading Company? Be given the opportunity to mentor new engineers whilst providing a customer-centric experience and still being able to apply your experience, learn new technologies, and carry out your day-to-day role as a Service Engineer. We are currently looking for Engineers that enjoy exceeding customer expectations, and that will have the peace of mind that they know the standard of work they are carrying out is making a family home, business, or property safe and secure. If you want to work for a Market Leader in the Fire & Security Industry, then Banham is looking for you to join their Engineer team.
This is a Monday - Friday role with working hours of 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM.
Who are we?
Banham is a family-owned; family-run business that has been providing security solutions since 1926. We operate throughout the Southeast of England offering a comprehensive service on all aspects of physical and electronic security. Most important, however, are the people who make up Banham. Our dedicated employees live and breathe collaboration; they inspire and learn from each other. Employees who began their Banham careers as trainees now head up our key departments, and we are proud to foster a working environment that encourages staff to stay with us for many years.
What are we Offering?
We have a variety of engineering positions available across Maintenance, Service, and Installations - all of which play a key part in the service we provide and upholding our company's purpose of making people feel safe!
So if you are looking to develop your skill set within engineering, or you are keen to make a change why not get in touch and let us know which role you are keen to apply for and we will provide you with a chance to develop with a structured progression plan enabling you to reach your highest potential.
What Can You Bring to Banham?
As an experienced Fire and Security engineer with a minimum of 3 years industry experience or 5 years of experience in a relevant industry, this will mean that you will be able to be:
- Multi-disciplined with experience in intruder and / or fire alarms as a minimum requirement
- Have good technical knowledge and engineering skills, with an aptitude in fault finding.
- Be adept at communicating at all levels and be customer service focused
- Bring with you good organisation and time management, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of programming and installing new fire & security systems.
- An ability to work under pressure will be a key strength and you will be keen and willing to learn new technologies thus Investing in your own personal development.
- Working in the Fire and/or Security industry or relevant industry you may have knowledge of the following:
- Range of intruder alarm equipment
- Fire alarm equipment
- Access control equipment
- CCTV equipment
The above is a combination of all our engineering positions and is only here to provide a glimpse of what these roles entail - but if you feel you have transferrable skills or alternatively believe you have the technical abilities and experience to deliver an exceptional engineering experience for our customers then we would definitely like to here from you!
What will you get in return?
You will be entitled to a highly competitive salary with OTE* from £26,500 - £40,000 pls Per annum and a great range of benefits including:
- An employee assistance program (EAP). EAP gives our employees access to a 24/7 free, confidential advice service for help with personal and professional problems, which could be affecting your home life or work life, health, and general well-being. This benefit also extends to your family (available from the first day of employment)
- Hybrid working for non-field associated roles (3 days working from the office, 2 days working from home)
- Personal Accident Insurance Scheme - Accidents at work and outside of work are both covered, including personal attacks and sport-related injuries
Subsidised Private Medical Cover after 12 months of service
- Auto-enrolment into our pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan & Banham interest-free loan
- Cycle to work & Tech scheme
- Training and development opportunities (including day releases for studies)
- Company equipment tailored to your role (laptop, mobile, additional screens, company van)
- Up to 50% off Banham products
- Quarterly Social Events including Summer Party and an Annual Christmas Event
- Recruitment referral bonus scheme earning up to £500 per successful referral (T&Cs apply)
- Enhanced Sick Pay for absence related to COVID-19
- Charity events throughout the year – Banham is proud to be working with The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and sponsoring The Banham Marsden March, since 2010 over £13 million has been raised to make a difference for patients across the UK and the world for The Royal Marsden.
*OTE earnings are dependent on experience.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfill our vision, of significant growth, we would love to hear from you. Please click APPLY now to register your interest.
Banham is an equal opportunities employer providing employment to its team members and applicants without regard for their sex, gender, race, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category protected by law.
We welcome diversity and provide equal opportunities to applicants, based on experience, talent, and qualification for the job.