Who are we?
Banham is a family-owned; family-run business that has been providing security solutions since 1926. We operate throughout the Southeast of England offering a comprehensive service on all aspects of physical and electronic security. Most important, however, are the people who make up Banham. Our dedicated employees live and breathe collaboration; they inspire and learn from each other. Employees who began their Banham careers as trainees now head up our key departments, and we are proud to foster a working environment that encourages staff to stay with us for many years.
What are we looking for?
A a Supervisor at our Guildford Showroom who supports the Showroom Managers in the efficient running of the showroom. It's a hands-on role that involves ensuring the shop floor is well-presented and welcoming and the showroom team undertake their duties whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
We are looking for a Supervisor who is both creative and practical. They are adept at prioritising, multi-tasking and implementing the Manager's directive as well as using their own initiative. They have fantastic people skills, are flexible and positive in their approach, manage and empower others and have excellent organisational, operational and stock management skills.
Banham offers a progressive and diverse place to work. Our showroom teams possess solid retail skills, are commercially focused and have the autonomy to make and be accountable for decisions related to their store. We actively invest in our people and offer career progression opportunities.
If you have a demonstrable background in a similar role, within a retail or Locksmith/Security environment and this opportunity sounds like the new challenge, or career progression you're looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Job responsibilities include-
- Leading by example in demonstrating clients are the main focus at all times
- Achieving KPI targets and personal objectives, set monthly as well as annually during performance review
- Achieving store set sales targets on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Communicating and monitoring sales targets and service levels for the team
- Assisting the Showroom Manager on daily, weekly and monthly reporting on sales patterns, best sellers, sales by employee and propose actions, based on business trends, to enhance performance
- Assisting the Showroom Manager in daily managing of team to ensure standards are high, and all displays as well as company literature are always up to date and presentable
- Assisting the Showroom Manager with day to day stock management, replenishment and ordering, managing a high value stock inventory and ensuring banking and financial takings reconciliation is done
- Assisting the Showroom Manager with driving productivity and profitability across the store by analysing, conversion rates, sales, UPT, ATV, customer data capture, in order to identify opportunities
- Supporting the Showroom manager with staff rotas, staff reviews, disciplinaries, annual leave and absences
- Assisting the Showroom Manager with new and existing staff training, recording and delivering feedback to the Showroom Manager for review and appraisal purposes
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are maintained in the showroom
- Providing feedback on systems and processes on an ongoing basis to improve efficiency and service levels where requested
- Ensuring showroom team follow company procedures and rules, especially in relation to key cutting and key registration always upholding the integrity of our security measures
- Acting as an escalation point for the showroom team when dealing with Customer queries or issues
Skills and Experience -
- Proven experience in managing a showroom/store with similar turnover and team numbers
- High-end customer service and luxury retail experience
- A clear idea/vision of how to drive forward/improve a flagship store in terms of sales and service
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Microsoft proficient – Intermediate Level
- Experience with analysing and reporting on KPIs
- Strong verbal and written communicator, with the ability to tailor your style and approach to different customers and team members
- Experience of exceeding sales targets and increasing profitability within a high-end store of a similar turnover
- You'll have a desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with the ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Team building, coaching and training skills
What will you get in return?
You will be entitled to a highly competitive salary and a great range of benefits including:
- We provide an employee assistance programme (EAP). EAP gives our employees access to a 24/7 free, confidential advice service for help with personal and professional problems, which could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing. This benefit also extends to your family.
- Flexible remote working
- Personal Accident Insurance Scheme - Accidents at work and outside of work are both covered, including personal attacks and sport-related injuries
- Private medical insurance
- Auto-enrolment into our generous pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan & Banham interest-free loan
- Cycle to work & Tech scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Company equipment tailored to your role (laptop, mobile and additional screens)
- Up to 40% off Banham products
- Banham Social events – Summer BBQ’s on the terrace; annual Christmas Party with a sit-down meal
- Charity events throughout the year – Banham are proud to be working with The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and sponsoring The Banham Marsden March, since 2010 over £13 million has been raised to make a difference for patients across the UK and the world for The Royal Marsden.
- Recruitment referral bonus fees
- Enhanced Sick Pay for absence related to COVID-19
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, of significant growth, we would love to hear from you. Please click APPLY now to register your interest.