Are you looking for an opportunity with a market-leading company with an impressive reputation for its high-quality products and customer service? If the answer is Yes, Banham are recruiting for a Showroom Assistant to join the newly refurbished Guildford branch. Our showroom is open Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm and Saturday 9am-5pm
Who are we?
Banham is a family owned, family run business which has been providing security solutions since 1926. We operate throughout the South East of England offering a comprehensive service on all aspects of physical and electronic security. Most important, however, are the people who make up Banham. Our dedicated employees live and breathe collaboration; they inspire and learn from each other. Employers who began their Banham careers as trainees now head up our key departments, and we’re proud to foster a working environment that encourages staff to stay with us for many years.
What are we looking for?
As a Showroom Assistant you will be responsible for providing the highest level of customer service whilst driving sales and helping the team meet and exceed targets. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to release your creative potential and sell our bespoke luxury security and alarm products. We will train and assist you to give you a thorough understanding of our products. Once trained, you will be able to accurately advise on all products in the Banham range to help maximise sales opportunities.
Additional responsibilities are below:
- Assist in the day to day running of the Showroom – you may also be required to provide cover and support to our other Showrooms.
- To provide accurate advice and security recommendations on all products in the Banham range including but not limited to locks, alarms, safes, registered keys, CCTV, fire protection, gates, grilles, security doors and access control system.
- Processing customer payments and orders
- Liaising with locksmiths, lock service and installation departments to ensure efficient pick up for engineers
- To work as part of a team to ensure targets for sales, surveys and customer service are exceeded.
- Receiving and verifying accuracy of incoming deliveries and stock replenishments
- Ordering, organising, and chasing component orders to ensure correct stock levels and job accuracy
- Sorting and putting away stock on racks, shelves, or in bins according to stock procedures.
- Distributing stock, tools, or other items to fulfil engineers’ jobs and trade job requests.
- Maintaining accurate inventory records of incoming/ outgoing stock.
- Completing requisition forms to order additional stock and supplies.
- Communicating any order changes/errors to showroom managers
- Ensuring returns and faulty stock are checked and flagged to showroom managers
- Maintaining accurate stock counts, performing visual ‘end of day’ stock checks and addressing errors with management.
- Performing accurate quarterly stock counts as part of the team.
- Responsibility for completion and prompt submission of all related paperwork including health and safety checks and daily task logs.
- Maintain a good working environment, ensuring all occupational and health and safety guidelines are met, including lifting and safe storage.
- Flexibility on working location, being prepared to travel to support other showrooms when necessary (to including our Flagship in Kensington & our Head office Earlsfield
Sales experience is preferable but not necessarily in the security industry and Locksmithing course or relevant experience is desired but not essential as in-house training will be provided
You must be able to work 6 days a week (Monday-Saturday) on a shift rota and you will be given 2 additional paid days off a month.
What you’ll get in return?
You will be entitled to a highly competitive salary and a great range of benefits including:
- We provide an employee assistance programme (EAP). EAP gives our employees access to a 24/7 free, confidential advice service for help with personal and professional problems, which could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing. This benefit also extends to your family.
- Personal Accident Insurance Scheme - Accidents at work and outside of work are both covered, including personal attack and sport related injuries
- Private medical insurance
- Auto-enrolment into our generous pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan & Banham interest free loan
- Cycle to work & Tech scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Company equipment tailored to your role (laptop, mobile and additional screens)
- Up to 40% off Banham products
- Banham Social events – Summer BBQ’s on the terrace; annual Christmas Party events.
- Charity events throughout the year – Banham are proud to be working with The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and sponsoring The Banham Marsden March, since 2010 over £13 million has been raised to make a difference for patients across the UK and the world for The Royal Marsden.
- Recruitment referral bonus fees
- Enhanced Sick Pay for absence related to COVID-19
- Quarterly KPI targets and bonus scheme
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision of significant growth, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY below now to register your interest.