Do you have great administration skills with an interest in finance? Are you used to meeting stringent deadlines? Do you have a sharp eye for detail? Can you handle large volumes of data and multitask effectively? Are you looking for an opportunity with a market-leading company? If the answer is 'Yes', we want to hear from you!
Who are we?
Banham is a family-owned, family-run business that has been providing security solutions since 1926. We operate throughout the Southeast of England offering a comprehensive service on all aspects of physical and electronic security. Most importantly are the people who make up Banham. Our dedicated employees live and breathe collaboration; they inspire and learn from each other. Employers who began their Banham careers as trainees now head up our key departments, and we’re proud to foster a working environment that encourages staff to stay with us for many years.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a well-organized, enthusiastic individual with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail. You will be processing a high number of payments from our customers on a day-to-day basis. Whether you’re actioning a request from another team or responding to a customer query, we trust you will use your excellent time management to positively leave colleagues and customers alike satisfied. A typical day includes;
- Responding to a high number of internal and external emails
- Liaising with customers on the phone and taking occasional inbound calls
- Processing customer payments received via BACS, credit card and cheque, ensuring accurate payment allocations
- Set up and see through the direct debit collection process
- Raising customer invoices, credit notes, and processing refunds
- Daily and month-end balance sheet and bank reconciliations
- Creating and sharing departmental reports
- Assisting the manager with ad-hoc projects, audit queries, and internal quality control checks to ensure Company procedures and industry practices are met
- Entering and updating customer account data in the CRM
- Support Customer Service team with sales invoice-related queries
- Support Credit Control team in issuing statements, payment reminders, and assisting with cash allocations
- Ensuring that general business operations are maintained in an effective, up-to-date and accurate manner.
You will have the following experience:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Sage accounting software is desirable but not essential
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain attention to detail with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small team.
Working hours are Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm. We offer flexible remote working.
What you’ll get in return?
You will be entitled to a highly competitive salary and a great range of benefits including:
- We provide an employee assistance programme (EAP). EAP gives our employees access to a 24/7 free, confidential advice service for help with personal and professional problems, which could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing. This benefit also extends to your family.
- We offer a hybrid working policy that offers employees in this role the working pattern of 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely
- Personal Accident Insurance Scheme - Accidents at work and outside of work are both covered, including personal attacks and sport-related injuries
- Private medical insurance
- Auto-enrolment into our generous pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan & Banham interest-free loan
- Cycle to work & Tech scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Free weekly yoga sessions
- Company equipment tailored to your role (laptop, mobile and additional screens)
- Up to 40% off Banham products
- Banham Social events – Summer BBQ’s on the terrace; annual Christmas Party with a sit-down meal
- Charity events throughout the year – Banham are proud to be working with The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and sponsoring The Banham Marsden March, since 2010 over £13 million has been raised to make a difference for patients across the UK and the world for The Royal Marsden
- Recruitment referral bonus fees
- Enhanced Sick Pay for absence related to COVID-19.
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision of significant growth, we would like to meet you. Please click APPLY now to register your interest.