Banham Group is a luxury security company based in London and the South East. We supply and install burglar alarms, CCTV, fire alarms, door entry systems, and a number of other security features such as locks, safes and security gates, etc. Established in 1926, the Banham Group head office is in Earlsfield, London with over 350 employees.
As a family-run, family-owned business, we believe in recognising and nurturing talent and hard work. Employees who began their Banham career as trainees now head up key departments, and we’re proud to foster a working environment that encourages employees to stay with us for many years.
We are looking for an ARC Controller based in the Alarm Receiving Centre to support our team of Controllers. You will need to be punctual and have a keen eye for detail to ensure our alarms are monitored to the highest standard and to provide effective telephone responses to our client base.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Answer all Banham Group calls in a professional and efficient manner
- Provide excellent customer service on inbound & outbound calls
- Process alarm activations in a timely and accurate manner in line with BS/EN/NSI Standards
- Liaise with emergency services, customers, internal departments, and out-of-hours service engineers
- Taking payments out of hours for non-contracted clients
- Processing and reviewing daily reports and undertaking routine checks
- Monitoring of high-profile CCTV accounts
- Creation and passing of key holding jobs for contracted customers
- To adhere to all company’s policies and procedures
- To communicate any trends, changes, and serious issues to your Manager/Supervisor
- To carry out other duties/tasks that may be required to continue the efficient running of the centre
- To take ownership of the customer in all aspects relating to service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Commissioning of new monitored systems in line with BS/EN/NSI requirements
Essential Experience / Skills
- Call centre/customer service or customer-facing experience
- Excellent telephone manner
- Be able to work in a team and communicate effectively with members of their own team and others
- Accuracy in data inputting
- Excellent listening skills
- Must always be able to execute discretion and confidentiality
- Security Industry Experience
- SIA PSS CCTV License upon joining (if not will be expected to achieve within 3 months)
The working hours for the first three months will be Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm with a 30-minute lunch break. After training the working hours will be Mon-Sun 6am-6pm with 7 days off, then Mon-Sun 6pm-6am with 7 Days off.