Alarm Maintenance Engineer
Are you interested in a long-term career with an established security company?
Founded in 1926, Banham remains the largest provider of home security in London and the South East of England. The Banham family, employees and customers are now in their fourth generation. We pride ourselves on our heritage and customer service, offering our clients a unique and personal service from the first point of contact with our sales team, through to ongoing service from our knowledgeable Head Office team and our field-based Engineers.
Our people and engineers are the faces of our business, and we are looking for someone to join our team who will uphold our strong values and be a brand ambassador.
We welcome applications from individuals with ambition and a passion for customer service and have roles available for both experienced security professionals and those looking to start their careers as security systems engineers.
We invest in our people, and we make it our business to create the security experts of the future. Engineers that started as 'trainees’ in our Maintenance department have gone on to progress into our service and installation teams and even head up key departments.
Full training will be provided for all successful candidates tailored to your expertise and experience. During your training, you will learn skills from our experienced engineers, accompanying them on visits to customers’ properties to carry out maintenance inspections. Soon you will be undertaking independent work under the supervision of one of our experienced colleagues, and on completion of your training, you will become a fully qualified Banham Engineer. All engineers are provided with a company vehicle, uniform, and PDA.
What are we looking for in our next Trainee Engineer?
- Well-presented and professional
- Punctual with an exemplary attendance record.
- A reliable, honest, and trustworthy team player.
- Enthusiastic and proactive in your approach to work.
- A flexible attitude towards working hours and changing working requirements, to ensure operational needs are met.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment, being able to manage conflicting priorities and expectations.
- Ability to learn new systems and follow processes and procedures.
What are we looking for in an experienced Engineer?
As well as the above, experienced candidates should also have:
- Experience in the wider product range; Intruder alarms, CCTV, entry and access control systems and fire alarms
What do we require?
- Valid driving licence
- Previous face to face customer service experience - Must be articulate and confident when dealing with customers.
What you’ll get in return?
You will be entitled to a highly competitive salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Company van, phone and tablet with paid travel expenses
- Stock and tool bag (ladders, batteries) to get you started
- Free uniform and personal protection (PPE) kit
- We provide an employee assistance programme (EAP). EAP gives our employees access to a 24/7 free, confidential advice service for help with personal and professional problems, which could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing. This benefit also extends to your family.
- Personal Accident Insurance Scheme - Accidents at work and outside of work are both covered, including personal attacks and sport-related injuries
- Private medical insurance
- Auto-enrolment into our generous pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan & Banham interest-free loan
- Cycle to work & Tech scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Up to 40% Banham products
- Banham Social events – Summer BBQ’s on the terrace; annual Christmas Party with a sit-down meal
- Charity events throughout the year – Banham are proud to be working with The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and sponsoring The Banham Marsden March, since 2010 over £13 million has been raised to make a difference for patients across the UK and the world for The Royal Marsden.
- Recruitment referral bonus fees
- Enhanced Sick Pay for absence related to COVID-19
If you share our values and have the drive and enthusiasm to help us fulfil our vision, of significant growth, we would love to hear from you. Please click APPLY now to register your interest.
- Trainee Maintenance Engineer
- Field Based
The Banham family, employees and our customers are now in their fourth generation. Skills continue to be passed down from senior to junior members of staff, often from the same families, and employees that began as trainee locksmiths are now division leads. Our family values extend throughout our business, and together with our academy and apprenticeships, we continue to invest in the security experts of the future.
Banham has been a name that the residents and businesses of London have been able to rely on for their individual security needs since 1926, when William F. Banham invented the first ever automatic door bolt. Since then our reputation has grown throughout London, south east England and beyond. From our patent locks, to our state-of-the-art alarms and stunning front doors, we're the premium one-stop shop for our customers' security needs. We're also still family-owned, into our fourth generation and pride ourselves on our family values which are at the heart of everything we do.
Alarm Maintenance Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Banham?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.